How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook Collection
350+ Groundbreaking Recipes for All Your Favorites
The ultimate cookbook for anyone eating gluten free
Combines two landmark cookbooks--New York Times bestselling The How Can It Be Gluten-Free Cookbook and The How Can It Be Gluten-Free Cookbook: Volume 2--into one must-have resource.
Here are 350+ must-have recipes that raised the bar on gluten-free cooking and baking with foolproof techniques for great-tasting lasagna, fried chicken, cookies, biscuits, and more. PLUS find a new generation of whole-grain recipes perfected using ATK's revolutionary Whole-Grain Gluten-Free Flour Blend, bringing "wheaty" flavor to baked goods from Sandwich Bread to Cherry Crisp and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
We also offer 75 dairy-free variations and include an expanded troubleshooting chart for what can go wrong in gluten-free baking, over 600 full-color photos, a chapter on Grains, and detailed nutritionals for every recipe. We also give you information on the best supermarket gluten-free breads and pasta, including all-new information on legume pastas.
Standout Recipes from the First Best-Seller Include:
• Old-Fashioned Birthday Cake: A little melted white chocolate makes the cake tender and moist.
• Extra-Crunchy Fried Chicken: Our kitchen developed a coating so crisp you can hear the crunch
• Flaky, Tender Pie Crust: A spoonful of vinegar helps GF flours create just the right structure.
• Real Sandwich Bread: Forget squat slices; psyllium, eggs, and a foil collar are the keys to real bread.
• New York-Style Pizza: Ground almonds give the crust just the right chew and promote browning.
Plus from Volume 2:
• More than 150 recipes from muffins to casseroles to yeast breads to desserts
• Exciting recipes such as chicken Parmesan, baguettes, yeasted doughnuts, scones, sprouted grain bread, flourless nut and seed bread, and lemon layer cake
• Many dairy-free variations of baked goods using alternate diary products
• Baking recipes using the ATK All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend (equivalent to all-purpose flour) in cookies, bars, muffins, scones, cakes, and breads
• Nutritional information for every recipe
"I am loving this cookbook. It is so clearly written and the directions are very precise. It is fantastic to be able to make bread again - and it is delicious. I love the options for flour - you can make your own flour for the best results or you can buy a GF flour. Definitely give the homemade flour a try at some point. I can't wait to try other recipes but right now I am focused on making bread."